Monday, November 14, 2011

Your God is nothing but a thief

A king met Rabban Gamliel and told him: I don't know how to say this, but....your God- yes, your God is nothing but a thief. Here was Adam sleeping the sleep of the just and suddenly God steals one of his ribs. - Rabban Gamliel's daughter chose to answer the sovereign: Do you know what happened to me last night, Your Majesty? Thieves entered my house; they took all my silver and in its place they left me gold. - If only I could be the victim of such robbers said the king. - Well, said the sage's daughter, that is precisely what happened to Adam. True, God did take a rib from him, but in exchange he gave him a beautiful woman who helped him when he needed help, served him when he needed to be served and was silent when he talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment